On September 20, 2020, CAIPHI, Inc.:
- Signed an Agreement with BeSure Testing, Inc., Greensboro, NC, and established a new CAIPHI wholly-owned subsidiary—CAIPHI EP Testing, LLC.
- Agreement permits CAIPHI to acquire and deploy in CAIPHI’s new subsidiary BeSure Testing’s mobile testing operational assets—employees, hardware, Abbott’s 15-minute COVID-19 antigen test contract, and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) licenses.
- CAIPHI EP Testing’s mission is focused on long-term care (LTC) assisted living and skilled nursing communities:
- Seven (7) percent of all COVID-19 cases (479,000) and 40 percent of all U.S. deaths are from LTCs (New York Times, September 16, 2020).
- CAIPHI EP Testing’s mission is to deliver together to LTC communities two related products for enhancing patient and staff safety:
- CAIPHI’s Emergency Preparedness (EP) platform, CyPHIprepare®, to demonstrate annual compliance with the Medicare and Medicaid Condition of Participation (CoP) in conformance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) 2016 and 2019 EP Final Rules; and
- CAIPHI EP Testing’s mobile COVID-19 testing and reporting services, CAIPHIEPtesting™, in conformance with the March 27, 2020, CARES Act and CMS test and CLIA license protocols in CMS’s September 2, 2020, Interim Final Rule published in the Federal Register.
- CAIPHI EP Testing’s first client is a North Carolina LTC community that can generate up to $5MM first year revenue, and that is a member of over 40 such communities in NC and other states.
- Testing and reporting will begin on or before December 15, 2020.