Available in May 2018
CAIPHI has launched its cloud-based, SaaS Emergency Preparedness Management System for Medicare and Medicaid providers and suppliers to demonstrate compliance with the annual survey and certification requirements of the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule.
These checklists are in SaaS and have HIPAA Security Rule requirements pertaining to communications and ePHI exchange in emergency situations. SaaS facilitates access to a CMS-designated facility’s emergency management plan from any device in an emergency situation, and is designed to demonstrate fulfillment of CMS requirements for testing, surveys, and certification of a facility’s preparedness for emergency response. CMS established a compliance date of November 15, 2017. CyPHIprepareTM is a customized project management software for clients and available now.
CyPHIprepare™ Product Details
- CyPHIprepare™ is a set of Emergency Preparedness Management System Checklists in SaaS format for online accessibility in an emergency situation from any usable device. These Checklists cover 17 CMS-designated Medicare and Medicaid providers and suppliers in more than 70,000 facilities and require implementation and compliance for continued participation in Medicare and Medicaid programs. Common Emergency Preparedness provisions across the CMS-designated facilities are an emergency preparedness plan with risk assessment, policies and procedures for managing an emergency situation, a communication plan that includes HIPAA Privacy provisions covering release and exchange of patient information, and training and testing of the emergency plan to ensure patient and resident safety. Compliance with CMS’ Emergency Preparedness Rule was required by November 15, 2017.
- Key benefits of CyPHIprepare™ are checklists for:
- Mitigate internal and external risks to patient safety in an emergency.
- Create a trusted environment for facility management, patients and residents, and public health authorities in an emergency.
- Minimize financial and reputational liabilities to noncompliance discovered in a CMS-audit or investigation after an emergency.
- Enable cybersecurity insurance coverage with documented evidence of testing and certification of an Emergency Preparedness plan.
- Generate linked data leading to quantifiable intelligence across cybersecurity continuum.
- CyPHIprepare™ is a customized monthly membership SaaS-formatted product billed annually for each CMS-designated Medicare or Medicaid provider or supplier in an enterprise. SaaS facilitates access to a CMS-designated facility’s emergency management plan from any device in an emergency situation, and is designed to demonstrate fulfillment of CMS requirements for testing, surveys, and certification of a facility’s preparedness for emergency response.
- CyPHIprepare™ is a customized monthly membership software product available directly from CAIPHI.com. Send CAIPHI a message with the contact information requested and CAIPHI will respond to you within 1 business day.
Regulatory compliance required by CMS on or before November 15, 2017.
According to CMS in the Final Rule, “existing requirements are generally insufficient in the face of the needs of patients, staff and communities, and do not address inconsistency in the level of emergency preparedness amongst healthcare providers.”
Failure to have an effective and comprehensive framework of emergency preparedness requirements potentially imperils in an emergency access to healthcare services, maintaining business continuity, and protecting physical resources. Failure to comply with the Final Rule as one of the 17 CMS-designated Medicare and Medicaid providers or suppliers risks loss of status as a Medicare or Medicaid provider or supplier, and subjects the provider or supplier to harsh financial penalties
CyPHIprepare is a SaaS Emergency Preparedness Management software that tracks in real-time compliance with survey, testing, and certification requirements pertaining to the four elements of CMS Final Rule:
Risk Assessment and Emergency Planning
Policies and Procedures
Training and Testing
CyPHIprepareTM is releasing separate customizable editions for each of the 17 CMS-designated Medicare and Medicaid providers and suppliers.
- Mitigating internal and external risks to patient safety
- Creating a trusted environment for healthcare stakeholders
- Minimizing financial and reputational liabilities to noncompliance
- Enabling cybersecurity insurance coverage
- Generating linked data leading to quantifiable intelligence across cybersecurity continuum.