State Operations Manual: Chapter 7–Survey and Enforcement Process for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Nursing Facilities, Transmittals (Rev. 213, 02-10-23)
Use the URL and dated resources below for Guidance on tailoring standards and implementation policies and procedures for each facility in your enterprise. For each URL, additional resources are available and added regularly, so check frequently at:
- Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Rule at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertEmergPrep/Emergency-Prep-Rule.
- Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Information Gateway at: https://asprtracie.hhs.gov.
- HIPAA Safeguards
- HIPAA Privacy Rule at: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/index.html.
- HIPAA Security Rule at: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/security/laws-regulations/index.html.
- HITECH Act Breach Notification Rule at: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/breach-notification/laws-regulations/index.html.
- Cybersecurity Framework at: https://www.nist.gov/cyberframework.
- Security and Privacy Controls for Information Systems and Organizations at: https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-53/rev-5/final.
Fact Sheet: COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Transition Roadmap
HHS Office for Civil Rights Settles HIPAA Investigation with Arizona Hospital System Following Cybersecurity Hacking: Banner Health pays $1.25 million to settle cybersecurity breach that affected nearly 3 million people.
Announcement of Proposal to Update FIPS 197, The Advanced Encryption Standard, Webpage, December 19, 2022. https://csrc.nist.gov/news/2022/aes-draft-fips-197-update-available-for-comment. NIST proposes to update FIPS 197. An update of a publication is appropriate when it only requires changes to correct errors or clarify its interpretation, and no changes are made to technical content. The proposed draft FIPS 197 update […]
State Emergency Management Agencies, December 18, 2022 (Accessed). https://www.usa.gov/state-emergency-management.
COVID-19 Resources, Webpage, December 18, 2022 (Updated). https://asprtracie.hhs.gov/COVID-19.
Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers (CMS EP Rule), Webpage, December 18, 2022 (Updated). https://asprtracie.hhs.gov/cmsrule.
Engaging Healthcare System Partners in Medical Surge, Webpage, December 18, 2022 (Updated). https://asprtracie.hhs.gov/surge-partners.
Healthcare Cybersecurity, Webpage, December 18, 2022 (Updated). https://asprtracie.hhs.gov/cybersecurity.
Infectious Diseases, Webpage, December 18, 2022 (Updated). https://asprtracie.hhs.gov/infectious-disease.